Many major insurance carriers in Michigan require an autism diagnosis to be completed at an AAEC site to get approval autism therapies.
However, there is another way and many parents who are on an AAEC waiting list are not aware of the fact that you can still get ABA therapy for your loved one.
This can be achieved through a diagnosis by a qualified health professional, often times a clinical doctoral level psychologist who is trained in a qualified autism assessment.
Once you have an official diagnosis in hand, your BCBA can submit for an ABA plan of action to your insurance company and you can begin crucial services while still waiting on the list with an AAEC site.
A complete list of Approved Autism Evaluation Centers can be found below.
We recommend calling them and getting on the list while simultaneously making a testing appointment with Dr. Kat Lewitzke PsyD or any other qualified and trained doctoral level psychologist of your choice. Following this path will ensure your child will get the necessary ABA services without losing precious time to an administrative backlog of patients.
Find An Approved Autism Evaluation Center in Michigan
- Beaumont Center for Exceptional Families
- Beaumont Children’s Hospital Center for Human Development
- Central Autism Assessment & Treatment Center (CAAT) (Central Michigan University)
- Covenant Center for Autism
- Easterseals Michigan
- Helen DeVos Behavioral Health Clinic – Spectrum Health
- Henry Ford Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities
- Michigan Medicine (formerly, University of Michigan
- Michigan State University Department of Psychiatry
- Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services
- University Center for the Child and the Family (UCCF) (University of Michigan)
- University Pediatricians Autism Center
- UP Health System Marquette –Specialty Clinic
- Western Evaluation Center for Autism and Neurodevelopmental
Disorders (WECAN) (Western Michigan University –
- WMed Pediatric Autism Center (WMedPAC)
Please contact us if there are any additions to this list that we may have missed.