Our frequently asked questions and answers
Meet Elizabeth, your friendly AI assistant! She's here to help navigate your journey at Bright Pine Behavioral Health with ease and efficiency. Have a question? Just ask Elizabeth! She's equipped with state-of-the-art AI capabilities to provide answers and guide you through our psychological and neuropsychological testing and counseling services. Our goal is to make your experience as seamless and comforting as possible, and Elizabeth is a big part of that. So, feel free to ask her anything, anytime - she's here to help, 24/7
Yes, we are always accepting new clients. To be considered, we ask that you fill out a service request form.
No, you do not typically need a referral. Our services are categorized as behavioral health, and at this time HMO plans do not require a referral from your primary.
The only appointments that we’re able to conduct via telehealth are the intake and feedback sessions. The actual assessment appointment is only offered in-person.
For any billing-related questions please contact our medical biller at billing@ brightpinepsych.com or ask Elizabeth
We are in network and able to accept the following plans;
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Care Network
- Private Pay – *See our schedule
Expedited services are only offered twice a month outside our clinician normal practice hours. This means that the clinician provides this service on their days off. The expedited service is private pay only. Do you have a time sensitive need for faster results? If so, please visit our expedited psychological testing service page to learn more.
With so many different plans and contractual rates, insurance can be complicated. But we want to make it easy to understand and we’ll do our best to explain a few different scenarios below.
- I have insurance but have not met my deductible: If you have not met your deductible or your family’s deductible, we have to charge you the contracted rate set forth by your insurance policy on the day of service.
- Additionally, we can’t charge anything less than this contracted rate. Rates vary from one insurer to the next. Important Note: If you can’t afford your insurer’s contracted rate, the next best option is to work out a private pay rate with your therapist. This way, the entire process is easier for everyone. Both parties won’t have to deal with unpaid insurance claims and you’ll have one affordable flat fee each time you come in.
- You met your deductible but have co-insurance: After the deductible has been met, your plan will usually have either a flat fee copay per visit or coinsurance. Coinsurance comes in different percentages. Whatever your percentage is, that’s the amount you will owe on your contracted rate.
Let’s look at an example;
The contracted rate for your 60 min session is $135. Your coinsurance percentage is 20%. Your policy will pay out $108 and you would be responsible for the remainder, $27 which is 20% of $135.
- I have a very high deductible plan and can’t afford the contracted rate of $120-$150/hr: If you feel that meeting your deductible will be almost impossible and you can’t afford the full contracted rate, it’s best to choose a private pay route with your therapist. This will allow both parties to avoid the sometimes messy and complicated medical claim billing process.
- I can’t afford the insurer’s full contracted rate, but want to apply the amount that I can afford towards my deductible: Unfortunately, per our network contracts we are not allowed to charge you less than your contracted rate to be applied towards the deductible. All payment is required in full at the time of your appointment. Any unpaid balances will be charged to the card on file unless you prove and document a period of financial hardship to us and your insurer. In this instance, most opt out of dealing with insurance and negotiate an affordable sliding scale rate which all our therapists will be happy to accommodate!
We are dedicated to your well-being and will do everything in our power to make affordable arrangements that are fair to both parties.
Insurances can be tricky so be sure to call the number on the back of your card to check your mental health eligibility. A few helpful questions you should ask them are;
- Does my plan offer mental health benefits?
- Did I meet my deductible?
- What is the coverage and copay amount for my sessions?
- Do I need approval from my primary care physician?
- Do I need prior authorization?
Please note: It’s very important to make sure your insurance company will cover you for any services rendered by our practice. In any event of non-payment by your carrier, you are still 100% liable for any outstanding balances. Reports are not released until your balance is settled in full.
We accept cash and all major credit cards. We require at least 1-2 valid credit cards on file.
Personal checks are accepted on a case by case basis.
Update: We now accept Cryptocurrency tokens.
Tokens accepts – Bitcoin and Ethereum
As a professional courtesy to your clinician, we ask that you address all questions/concerns during your scheduled appointment.
We do however understand that some matters are urgent and require time outside of the usual scheduled session. All such matters are subject to the fee schedule below. Fees will be charged to account per instance.
-Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation
If you need to reschedule, out of respect for our therapist’s time we ask that you contact them no less than 24 hours in advance of your scheduled session.
Clinician Contact Info Can Be Accessed in our Directory
Our automated system emails and text messages clients (Respectively 36 hours and 24 hours in advance).
In any event of failure to timely re-schedule your therapy session, we have a strict $95 no-show fee. Testing no-shows are $180-360. This is also outlined in our financial policy within the intake paperwork.
We do not provide medication management services.
Once your therapist enters your contact information into our system you’ll receive a welcome email with your unique log-in link. Please visit our Portal Page for directions and trouble shooting tips.
Please know that Psychological Testing is a highly specialized and time intensive tailored service. Most full neuropsychological assessments take anywhere from 10-15 hours to complete. Please visit our Psychological Testing Page for a detailed explanation of the entire process.
From your intake appointment, testing, and final feedback session, the entire process may take over 10 hours, spread apart in 1-3 days contingent on the amount of required testing modules.
Therefore, we expect a solid commitment from the patient in keeping their set appointment date.
*All testing appointments through your insurance are subject to a non-refundable administration fee. This fee secures your appointment, covers costs related to testing protocols, and equipment related costs.
In the event of cancelation, the admin fee will not be refunded to you. It’s important and expected that you keep your appointment.
We strive to keep our fees reasonable and we can only do that by being paid promptly and in full on the day of your testing appointment.
Please visit our dedicated Psychological Testing page for detail on our entire process.
Official diagnostic psychological reports have a 4-6 week lead time. This provides the psychologist enough time to produce an accurate data driven report as well as for your claim to process with your carrier.
Please note: It is our policy that we will not release the reports until there is a $0 balance on the account. This means that all copays/coinsurance and deductible portions have to be satisfied in full prior to release of any reports. This includes all events of payment denials by your carrier. In such cases, we’ll provide you with an invoice for you to submit to your carrier for direct reimbursement.
Private Pay Clients are not subject to insurance claim processing times and therefore receive faster turnarounds usually approximately within 3-5 weeks.
Expedited Testing is available and allows for faster results.