Pressures of everyday living may result in anxiety, stress, depression, and a host of other mental health issues. The aim of therapy is to help the patient understand their feelings so they can address the cause of their anxiety or depression while identifying what makes them feel positive. This equips them with the fortitude to deal with life’s challenges in a more adaptive way.
Psychotherapy treatments help treat a range of psychological and mental health issues such as addiction, anxiety, autism spectrum disorder, depression, bipolar disorder, divorce, learning disabilities, self-esteem issues, relationship issues, insomnia, eating disorders, and more.
What Therapy Entails
Psychotherapy is often referred to as a talking treatment because it utilizes talking over medication. The sessions are run by a psychologist, therapist, or counselor and it can be done one-on-one, in pairs, or in groups.
The psychotherapist is a highly trained professional who specializes in human behavior, mental health assessment, and behavioral change. They work with the patient to help them understand and change their feelings and attitudes so they can develop healthier behavioral patterns.
Who Can Benefit from Therapy?
This treatment helps people with a range of problems. The following are the most common signs you need this treatment:
– An overwhelming feeling of helplessness or sadness
– Difficulty focusing on routine tasks
– Inability to cope with everyday problems
– Being constantly on edge
– Unnecessary worrying
– Substance abuse
Treatment Approaches In Therapy
There are various methods used by psychologists, therapists, and counselors to address these issues. They include:
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
This is a treatment that works on the principle that your emotions are governed by your thoughts. As such, by helping you challenge and guide these thoughts, you will have control over your emotions.
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
This is commonly used in people with personality disorders to help them control their emotions and behavior.
Sometimes, the feeling of being overwhelmed comes from thinking that you are alone in what you are facing. Group therapy helps address this by putting you together with other people going through the same problems as yourself so you can help each other overcome your challenges under the guidance of a counselor.
An individual’s issues may emanate from their home such as depression due to marital problems. In such a case, treating the family as a unit is what is necessary to ensure that those problems do not recur.
Where to Find a Therapist near Utica, MI
It is impossible to evade all of life’s obstacles. However, when you do not have a proper coping mechanism, those problems will eventually take a toll on you and leave you vulnerable to mental and emotional health issues. This subsequently leads to further problems such as drug and substance abuse. Therapy is an effective way of helping us deal with these problems. Are you in Utica, Michigan and feel like you could use some help dealing with your stressors? Dr. Kat Lewitzke leads a team of psychologists, therapists, and counselors who have worked with numerous individuals to get back control of their lives. Contact us at Bright Pine Behavioral Health today, and we will be glad to help.
- Therapists in Ferndale, MI
- Therapists in Clarkston, MI
- Therapists in Auburn Hills, MI
- Therapists in Berkley, MI
- Therapists in Beverly Hills, MI
- Therapists in Birmingham, MI
- Therapists in Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Therapists in Clawson, MI
- Therapists in Davisburg, MI
- Therapists in Farmington Hills, MI
- Therapists in Franklin, MI
- Therapists in Genesee County, MI
- Therapists in Holly, MI
- Therapists in Huntington Woods, MI
- Therapists in Keego Harbor, MI
- Therapists in Macomb County, MI
- Therapists in Madison Heights, MI
- Therapists in Novi, MI
- Therapists in Oak Park, MI
- Therapists in Oakland County, MI
- Therapists in Ortonville, MI
- Therapists in Oxford, MI
- Therapists in Pleasant Ridge, MI
- Therapists in Pontiac, MI
- Therapists in Royal Oak, MI
- Therapists in Southfield, MI
- Therapists in Troy, MI
- Therapists in Waterford, MI
- Therapists in Wayne County, MI
- Therapists in West Bloomfield, MI
- Therapists in Wixom, MI
- Therapists in Grand Blanc, MI
- Therapists in Flint, MI
- Therapists in Sterling Heights, MI
- Therapists in White Lake, MI
- Therapists in Swartz Creek, MI
- Therapists in Linden, MI
- Therapists in Clio, MI
- Therapists in Warren, MI
- Therapists in St. Clair Shores, MI
- Therapists in Shelby Township, MI