Everyone at some point in their lives will feel overwhelmed by their problems and might need professional help to assist them in dealing with those issues. The National Institute of Mental Health has it that, over 30 million Americans require assistance in dealing with emotions and problems which seem to be beyond their control.
Common Therapy Issues in Auburn Hills
Therapy helps in dealing with relationship or marriage problems, dealing with the demise of a loved one and other family situations, losing a job, stress, depression, or substance abuse. These are issues that come with being alive and can be debilitating. Seeking the help of a professional is important in helping you deal with these problems so you can live a healthier and more productive life.
Who is a Psychologist?
These are individuals who specialize in psychotherapy in addition to other types of psychological treatments. They are highly trained professionals with a specialty in various areas of human behavior, mental health assessment, diagnosis and treatment, and behavior change. A psychologist works with the patient to help them change their feelings and attitudes in addition to helping them develop healthier, and more effective behavior patterns.
When to Consider Therapy
-If you are experiencing an overwhelming and prolonged sense of sadness and helplessness that doesn’t go away despite your efforts and those of your loved ones.
-If you are having difficulties carrying out everyday tasks such as your job or assignment, and your performance is deteriorating as a result.
-If you are constantly on edge, worrying constantly and excessively, and expecting the worst.
-Your habits are causing harm to others, such as drinking excessively or being defensively aggressive.
Will Therapy Help?
Therapy is effective in curbing depression, stress, anxiety, as well as related symptoms such as fatigue, pain, and nausea. According to the American Psychological Association, therapy can increase the survival time for cancer and heart surgery patients as it has a positive effect on the immune system. Thus, it boosts one’s overall health status. Also, over 75% of individuals who go through therapy improve by the end of six months.
Types of Therapy Treatments
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
This treatment is based on the premise that your emotions are produced by your thoughts. Here, your therapist helps you challenge these thoughts.
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
This treatment focuses on controlling emotions and behavior, especially in people with personality disorders.
This involves a group of individuals dealing with the same type of problem talking under the guidance of a psychologist. It allows you to hear another person’s perspective of the problem you are dealing with.
This involves family members talking to one another under the guidance of a therapist to help you get better.
Therapy is not a magic pill, it is a process that takes time working in close partnership with your therapist to help you get relief from your emotional distress so you can lead a better and more fulfilling life. Looking for a therapist in Michigan?
Where To Find a Therapist in Auburn Hills, MI
Bright Pine Behavioral Health is a dedicated emotional and mental health private practice in Auburn Hills, MI. Led by Dr Kat Lewitzke, we have a team of highly trained and experienced psychologists, therapists, and counselors who are waiting to help you get on the correct side of mental and emotional health. Contact us today for more information.
- Therapists in Ferndale, MI
- Therapists in Clarkston, MI
- Therapists in Berkley, MI
- Therapists in Beverly Hills, MI
- Therapists in Birmingham, MI
- Therapists in Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Therapists in Clawson, MI
- Therapists in Davisburg, MI
- Therapists in Farmington Hills, MI
- Therapists in Franklin, MI
- Therapists in Genesee County, MI
- Therapists in Holly, MI
- Therapists in Huntington Woods, MI
- Therapists in Keego Harbor, MI
- Therapists in Macomb County, MI
- Therapists in Madison Heights, MI
- Therapists in Novi, MI
- Therapists in Oak Park, MI
- Therapists in Oakland County, MI
- Therapists in Ortonville, MI
- Therapists in Oxford, MI
- Therapists in Pleasant Ridge, MI
- Therapists in Pontiac, MI
- Therapists in Royal Oak, MI
- Therapists in Southfield, MI
- Therapists in Troy, MI
- Therapists in Waterford, MI
- Therapists in Wayne County, MI
- Therapists in West Bloomfield, MI
- Therapists in Wixom, MI
- Therapists in Grand Blanc, MI
- Therapists in Flint, MI
- Therapists in Sterling Heights, MI
- Therapists in White Lake, MI
- Therapists in Swartz Creek, MI
- Therapists in Linden, MI
- Therapists in Clio, MI
- Therapists in Utica, MI
- Therapists in Warren, MI
- Therapists in St. Clair Shores, MI
- Therapists in Shelby Township, MI