Infants and children who show signs of abnormalities should be immidiately brought in for an evaluation. These observable deficiencies could be related to a number of disorders including Autism. Children grow and develop at varying levels and rates, but prolonged developments are a reason for concern. Autism Spectrum Disorder is a developmental delay that starts in infancy. It causes delays in language, social, behavioral, and sensory motor skills. Autism testing is necessary to determine the severity of the disorder in children or adults who have the signs and symptoms of the disorder. The first indicators may appear during the infancy stage of life.
When To Consider Autism Testing
Parents may begin to express concerns to their child’s pediatrician as early as 6 months of age. They will notice that their child is not progressing as fast as other children of the same age. The child may not smile or laugh out at six months, or mimic facial expressions at nine months. The child may cry when picked up and held. They do better when left alone, and this can be alarming for parents. Other symptoms of the Autism Spectrum Disorder include, but are not limited to the following.
- The child will have no talking skills either verbal or non verbal. They will not babble and coo by 12 months of age.
- The child will show signs of behavioral issues. They will not interact with the parents or others. their behavior will be repetitive.
- The child will not respond to stimuli, or their name when called. They will not point to objects or make eye contact.
- There may be a definite delay in their sensory motor skills.
- They will not respond to demands or questions. They will tend to look past you.
Once the evaluation by the pediatrician is complete, a recommendation is made for the child to have an official autism testing evaluation. The local medical professionals near Pontiac, Michigan prefer the expert service of Dr. Kat Lewitzke PsyD LP for tests for autism regarding their patients. She is a highly skilled doctor of psychology, and has been trained extensively in the modern up to date psychological assessments that are needed to properly treat the many cases of autism with their varying degrees of severity. Each individual case requires different treatment strategies, so early testing for the disorder is pertinent to the best advantages for the child.
Where To Get Autism Testing near Pontiac MI
In summary, Dr. Lewitzke and her staff are experienced in all aspects of the Effective Autism Treatment and Therapy methods. Play Therapy is common for children to help enhance their interaction and sharing skills. The Applied Behavior Analysis helps to improve how the child behaves by increasing the desired behaviors, and decreasing the behaviors that need to be changed. It often involves one on one contact with the child with extensive sessions for 30 to 40 hours per week. It is essential that the testing is done at the earliest possible age in order for the child to get the best opportunity for change since children learn fast, and are highly susceptible to making important life changes
- Autism Testing in Genesee County, MI
- Autism Testing Near Keego Harbor, MI
- Autism Testing in Grand Blanc, MI
- Autism Testing in Auburn Hills, Michigan
- Autism Testing in Highland, MI
- Autism Testing in Huntington Woods, MI
- Autism Testing in White Lake, MI
- Autism Testing in Rochester Hills, MI
- Autism Testing near Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Autism Testing in Lake Orion, MI
- Autism Testing in Commerce Twp, MI
- Autism Testing in Wayne County, MI
- Autism Testing in Troy, MI
- Autism Testing in Wixom, MI
- Autism Testing in Clarkston, MI
- Autism Testing in Macomb County, MI
- Autism Testing in Oakland County, MI
- Autism Testing in Ferndale, MI
- Autism Testing In Holly, MI
- Autism Testing Near Royal Oak, MI
- Autism Testing and Evaluation Services in West Bloomfield MI
- Autism Testing in Waterford, MI
- Autism Testing in Birmingham, MI
- Autism Testing In Ortonville, MI
- Autism Testing in Novi, MI
- Autism Testing in Beverly Hills, MI
- Autism Testing in Oxford, MI
- Autism Testing in Bingham Farms, MI
- Autism Testing in Berkley, MI
- Autism Testing in Clawson, MI
- Autism Testing in Madison Heights, MI
- Autism Testing in Oak Park, MI
- Autism Testing in Franklin, MI
- Autism Testing in Davisburg, MI
- Autism Testing in Pleasant Ridge, MI
- Autism Testing in Farmington Hills, MI