Anticipating the possibility of autism in your child is difficult. But catching it early is practical as well as crucial for your child’s development. Ideally, if you suspect certain unusual symptoms in your child, you should have your child examined by experts in Farmington Hills. In fact, getting an autism diagnosis done by the age of eighteen months can make a significant difference to his future.
As opposed to ungrounded opinions of the past, treatment effectively reduces the disorder’s effects and helps your child develop learning and thriving capacities.
When to Seek An Autism Diagnosis If You Suspect Early Signs in Your Child
Autism is defined as a spectrum of related disorders which has shared symptoms at the core. Autism spectrum disorder emerges in the earliest phase of a child’s development, i,e, from infancy to early childhood. The disorder affects basic areas of development such as interacting, participating, learning, playing and even talking.
Although the signs and symptoms of autism vary among children, the onset of unusual behavior is a major indicator. Some children are only affected with minor impairments while others experience greater obstacles. The common theme of these symptoms revolves around poor communication, both verbally and non-verbally, remaining absent from social circles or being unable to form a bond with his peers, think or behave flexibly.
There are many qualified and trained professionals dedicated to treating autism with various techniques and medication. Different opinions exist among doctors, parents, and experts regarding the cause of autism in children and how it is best to treat it. But they all agree on one thing and that is an early intervention for autistic children, which should be employed as soon as the child starts displaying unusual signs.
The earliest warning signs of autism are most likely observed by you as a parent and you must never discount your observation. Autism is responsible for developmental delays in your child and you must act quickly to prevent further delays. If your child is lagging behind in achieving the milestones for his or her age, share your concerns with a trustworthy experienced professional without resorting to the “wait and see” approach.
Serious Warning Signs of Autism
Regression is a sign of autism. Some children who have yet to display autistic signs develop communication but soon regress between the age of 12 to 24 months. A loss of speech and social skills must not be ignored but should be taken very seriously. Early autism testing and treatment can take full advantage of the child’s brain plasticity by employing intensive treatment that may rewire or reverse the symptoms.
However, it is important to know that early signs of autism aren’t abnormal in nature but indicate an absence of normal behavior. The following signs appear in babies who are most likely diagnosed with autism:
- Babies failing to make eye contact even when you’re interacting with them
- Not responding to their names or picking up on familiar sounds
- Not making gestures or pointing at things
- Not imitating words or expressions
- Not sharing interest or playing with or other children
- Not responding to emotions or noticing you’re hurt or happy
Autism testing in Farmington Hills MI is often referred out to Dr. Kat Lewitzke PsyD LP. She offers expert services to distraught families with autism using various tools and resources. They employ autism therapies ranging from applied behavior analysis, speech-language pathology, special education, parent management training and other various sensory autism therapies.
- Autism Testing in Genesee County, MI
- Autism Testing Near Keego Harbor, MI
- Autism Testing in Grand Blanc, MI
- Autism Testing in Auburn Hills, Michigan
- Autism Testing in Highland, MI
- Autism Testing in Huntington Woods, MI
- Autism Testing in White Lake, MI
- Autism Testing in Rochester Hills, MI
- Autism Testing near Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Autism Testing in Lake Orion, MI
- Autism Testing in Commerce Twp, MI
- Autism Testing in Wayne County, MI
- Autism Testing in Troy, MI
- Autism Testing in Wixom, MI
- Autism Testing in Clarkston, MI
- Autism Testing in Macomb County, MI
- Autism Testing in Oakland County, MI
- Autism Testing in Ferndale, MI
- Autism Testing In Holly, MI
- Autism Testing Near Royal Oak, MI
- Autism Testing in Waterford, MI
- Autism Testing in Birmingham, MI
- Autism Testing In Ortonville, MI
- Autism Testing in Novi, MI
- Autism Testing in Beverly Hills, MI
- Autism Testing in Oxford, MI
- Autism Testing in Bingham Farms, MI
- Autism Testing in Berkley, MI
- Autism Testing in Clawson, MI
- Autism Testing in Madison Heights, MI
- Autism Testing in Oak Park, MI
- Autism Testing in Franklin, MI
- Autism Testing in Davisburg, MI
- Autism Testing in Pleasant Ridge, MI
- Autism Testing near Pontiac, MI